Tuesday 4 June 2013

Steam Dumpling

Weekend Breakfast (Chai Kuey/Steam Dumpling) - 2/6/13

Actually I planned to do Hokkien Chai Kuey and Sausage bun during the weekend, but both also not so successful. My laptop also encountered problem to upload my photo from my handphone, so I have no photo to share for sausage bun.
My Hokkien Chai Kuey became Steam Dumpling because the skin is not what I want. Still need to improve a lot.
My Sausage bun also not so good, maybe too long didn't do bread and didn't follow the step properly. So I have to re-start my passion in bread making.

 
 
 The filings : Shallot, Dried Prawn, Garlic, Jicama (Mengkuang), Carrot, Oyster sauce, Salt, Pepper
I cooked the the filling a day before and keep into fridge.
 

The skin dough : Tang Mein Flour, Corn Flour, Hot boiling water, Salt (i omitted)
The recipe I used
I didn't follow exactly the recipe, it may cause why my chai keuy skin thick and hard after cool. I also checked few recipes in internet and found the flour portion have differences in each blog. So I will try again to make it better. It is quite hard to knead the round shape, so the end I do China steam dumpling (Yuen Poa).
 

There are 3 shapes - Hokkien Chai Keuy/Penang Chai Keuy (round), Steam Chai Pao (in Klang) and China Steam Dumpling (Yuen Pao) 

No comments:

Post a Comment