Monday 3 June 2013

Yam puff


Yam Dishes - Yam Puff (Wu Ko), Yam Ring
The yam dishes made sometime ago in this year. My sister-in-law bought a lot from Ipoh because it was very cheap. The look of Yam was not so nice compared to the yam which I bought in wet market, but the yam taste bought in Ipoh was better compared to the yam in wet market. If I was not wrong, the yam from wet market is imported from China. I bought the yam in wet market during CNY, so the price was most expensive due to CNY. That yam I did Steam Belly Pork Yam (Hakka Kou York) which my father's best recipe in past CNY in hometown.
 
To clear the stock, so I decided to make yam puff which my family like to eat. The price per pc is at least RM1.50 sell outside and it save my money. I never made before, so how? As usual, I surf internet to find recipe. I forgot which blog that I choosed, so can't share with you.
 
The skin recipes : yam, tang mein flour, hot boiling water, 5 spices (go heong), pepper, salt, sugar, soda powder. I think the soda powder is important to make the yam look crispy after deep fried and why we alway see the stall sell goreng pisang (fried banana) is crispy compared to homemade, but it is optional.
The filing recipes : mixed vegetable, breast chicken/pork, oyster sauce, black sauce, salt,sugar, 5 spices, pepper. I used chicken because my big boy at home didn't eat pork.
I ready the filing a day before and kept in fridge. The filing was easy to fill into the skin because its sticky after a day in fridge. The skin dough I made in the early morning. 
 
I have the finished goods photo only to share with you. The yam puff is darked because deep fried longer. The yam ring look nicer and look like dim sum shop. The yam dish with extra sauce was really for dinner because my family prefer more sauce/gravy. We had breakfast with yam puff and yam ring. The environment was good with a cup of local coffee and family gathering. Next morning I brought the balance for my breakfast in office.
 
My big boy and family members gave me thumb up, but my small boy and girl still cannot try because we believe the yam is not good for them.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment