Sunday 16 June 2013

Pandan Nasi Lemak (Pandan Coconut Rice)

In Malaysia, we can see nasi lemak every way. However pandan nasi lemak hardly sell in the market. When I worked in PJ, I ate pandan nasi lemak in 1 simple store in Paramount. It is cheap and nice. I always want to cook it, but I didn't cook the end because keep thinking that it is high colestrol food.

However during the weekend I saw fresh petai and the prawn in the market, so I cooked nasi lemak. My big boy knew I cooked the nasi lemak and he was happy. I never expected he will eat 3 bowls of pandan nasi lemak, so the end the pandan nasi lemak was not enough for 6 persons (I cooked 2 1/2 cup of rice). so the end he has to buy a packet of rice for my maid.

The ingredients are simple : Pandan leaves, 1 coconut, rice, salt, 2 slides ginger.

There was an extra step to cook pandan nasi lemak because I have to blend the pandan leaves with water, then take the pandan water to cook with rice. The method to cook the pandan rice just as usual on how to cook rice. I added 2 slides of ginger to get stronger fragrant smell.

See what happen on my weekend dinner : Pandan Nasi Lemak with Sambal petai udang





No comments:

Post a Comment