Sunday 16 June 2013

Sambal Petai Udang

During the weekend marketing, I saw petai and the price of prawn quite reasonable. I decided to cook sambal petai udang. This dish enough for 6 persons.
Ingredients : petai, prawn, chili, onion, garlic, lemongrass, shallot, prawn paste, salt and sugar.




I blended garlic, shallot and lemasgrass together and fried it until fragrant smell and the colour turn light brown, after that I add in prawn paste and chili paste. Continue fried the ingredients till strong fragrant smell came out. I added 1 cup of water and lastly added petai, prawn, onion, salt and sugar. I continue cooked about 5 minutes because we prefer eat raw petai. I put more sugar (4 tsp) because we prefer sweet and spicy taste.

What shall we eat with this kind of dish...ah...We ate sambal petai udang with Pandan nasi lemak .

No comments:

Post a Comment