Tuesday 11 June 2013

Rice Dumpling Festival

Today is rice dumpling festival. We can see a lot of people buy zhong zhi/bak chang in the market. I surf few blogs and find the recipe and the step are good for us especially new blogger wants to share their recipe.

Different version of zhong zhi made by the bloggers, we shall try the recipes.

a) Hakka Zhong Zhi
I am a hakka moi (sister), but my family never do such dumpling before. I should try the recipe since I have balance of bamboo leaf and string, the glutine rice flour also kept for sometime.
From the recipe, it seems easy to prepare. Maybe the dough needs some skill. I will try this recipe and share with you and Wendy.




2) Guang Xi Dumpling (Pillow Dumpling)
My grandmother knew how to wrap and sadly to say that non of her daughters learn this method from her. I guess not many young generation know the wrapping method for pillow rice dumpling. I don't have confident to wrap it. Wendy is so generous to share the wrapping method with us. If anyone of us has try this recipe, we should write an email/comment to thank you her.


3)Bak Chang & Kee Chang (Malaysian)
This is zhong zhi version for most of local zhong zhi maker and it is also my version for this year rice dumpling festival. The kee zhang dip with gula melaka and bak chang dip with chili sauce. Yummy...














4)Nyonya Rice Dumpling
This is peranakan (nyonya) recipe for rice dumpling. Not easy to find bunga telang, so unlikely to try this recipe unless I use artificial colouring. For family comsumption, I still prefer all ingredients are not harmful for health.

No comments:

Post a Comment