Saturday 3 August 2013

Steam Pau



I got mixed pork and chicken which I marinated for sometime. Initially plan to cook Wan Tan Noodle for my lunch during working day. However got 2 lunch appointments and keep the mixed pork and chicken in fridge.

Today no plan go to work because the reports yet to receive, so feel free to do something at home. Before I go for weekend marketing with my mum-law, I woke up 6am to knead the pau flour. So that I can do chicken pau for breakfast.

Ingredients : 2 cups of Pau flour, 2 tsp yeast (add with warm water), 4 tbp sugar, 1 tsp salt, water, 2 tbp shortening.
Filling : Chicken/Pork, carrot, pepper, salt, sugar, corn flour.

I didn't cook the filling because it is like "sang yok pau". I mixed all the ingredients by using hand and leave it aside after the dough is well mixed. Then I go to do my weekend marketing which took me about 1 1/2 hours for doing the marketing.



After I came back from marketing, I start to knead the flour again and split the dough into 15 pcs. Use hand to make it round and knead it become flat, then add in the filling. Laeve it aside about 1/2 hour before steam. I have to 2 types of steam pau, one is chicken and another type is pork steam pau because my big boy didn't eat pork. To avoid we eat wrongly, I make different shape to differential the chicken pau and pork pau.
 

 


I boiled the water 1st and put 5 pau each time to steam about 20 min. I think to make this 15 pau, I took 1 1/2 hours to make and steam. So by the time the pau is ready to eat, my baby food also cooked.
The pork pau is round and can't see the meat inside and the chicken pau can see the chicken meat inside like below. So that my big boy won't eat wrong pau.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment