Wednesday 31 July 2013

Roti Prata Egg Tart

This morning I woke up 5.30am as usual to prepare baby food and my breakfast. I have frozen roti prata bought for sometime. So I decided to do roti prata egg tart since no need to prepare lunch box because got lunch appointment.

After I posted the photo in my facebook. My ex-colleague asked for the recipe. I wish to share this simple recipe with you.

Ingredients : 4 pcs frozen Roti Prata, 2 Eggs, 200ml fresh milk.

I beat lightly the egg with milk. I kept the egg in room temperature a day before because early morning has to bake. You can add 2 spoon of sugar into the egg if you want sweeter egg tart.


I cut the roti prata and put into cupcake tray. I kept the the roti prata in fridge overnight. So that it won't be too hard to round it and won't crack when we knead it into cup shape. Remember to put a layer of oil/butter on the cupcake tray, so that the roti prata won't be stick on cupcake tray when it cooked.
 



























This is my 1st time try for this recipe, so I made a mistake because I didn't bake the pastry for a while and later pour in the egg. I suggest the roti prata should bake for 10 min, after that add in the egg. So that the egg tart won't become Portuguese Egg Tart :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment