Sunday 7 July 2013

Yam Steam Cake

My mum gave me 2 big yam during my balik kampung trip to JB. To clear the yam, so I made yam steam cake for family and orphanage nearby my house.

If anyone interested to donate anything, you may donate to Good Samaritan Home in Southern Park. The contact number can be found in internet because I forgot the phone number.

Ingredients : 1 big Yam, 1 1/2 pack 500gm Rice Flour, Dried Prawn, Small ikan bilis, Fried shallot, Garlic, Pepper, Salt, Sugar, Fried peanut, Chili

Just fried the garlic,dried prawn and small ikan bilis till fragrance.Then add yam and cooked till it soft, add salt and pepper an leave it cool. Mixed rice flour with water, then put in the yam and cook with slow fire. Keep stir until the flour become thicker. Pour into a tray and steam for 30-45 min. It is depending on the thickness of the rice flour.

 
This is after cooked, look smooth surface if the rice flour is not too thick.

 Garnish with peanut, chili and spring onion.
 
 
 

This 2 trays had given to Good Samaritan Home. Hope the children over there enjoyed with my yam steam cake.
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment